I know that we have a few new players on the team, so I'd like to welcome you all to the 10U Texans Flag Football team and give a refresher on all of our team's information.
1) Our practices are on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, and Saturdays 1-2 @ Crawford Park. You can find us just past the white goal posts on the right side of the park. The tackle team is usually practicing before us, so if you see them, we should be just a bit further down on the same side.
2) Our first game is this Sunday the 26th @ 10:20am. ALL of our games are held at Port Chester High School on the beautiful brand new turf field. I ask that you please arrive at the field for warmups and pre-game walkthroughs 20-30 min ahead of gametime! REMINDER: DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT GAMES! Our use of the fields depends on this, so please keep the good boys home!!!
3) Game & Practice Attire: For practices, the kids can wear any type of athletic gear so long as they are warm. On game day, the kids must wear their Texans jersey over any clothing they wear according to the weather. Cleats are optional BUT highly reccommended to avoid slippage, especially on days when the conditions are wet. Don't forget to bring water, as well.
4) MOUTHGUARDS ARE REQUIRED FOR BOTH PRACTICES AND GAMES. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to let the kids practice or play in any games without one for safety reasons.
5) For those of you that have not received a jersey yet, I will be giving the rest of them out on Saturday (9/25) after practice. If you can't make tomorrow's practice, I will be bringing what jerseys I have left to Sunday's game. There will be some replacement jerseys used this weekend, as the league is waiting on shipment of additional Texans jerseys. Once they're in, I'll be giving them out to those who do not have one.
--> For those who have not fully registered, please visit ryetownfootball.com to complete registration and payment.
I look forward to starting the season this weekend and meeting some of our new players! As usual, do not hesitate to shoot a text, call, or email if you have any questions at all.